- June 15, 2023
- Posted by: Adam
- Category: Uncategorized
Commercial roofing systems are essential to keeping a building and its things safe from rain, wind, and extreme temperatures. Choosing the correct roofing system for your commercial building is vital because it can affect its structural integrity, energy efficiency, and overall maintenance costs. In this thorough guide, we’ll talk about the different types of commercial roofing systems, their pros and cons, and what you should think about when choosing the best one for your building.
Types of Commercial Roofing Systems:
- Built-Up Roofing (BUR): Built-up roofing systems comprise many layers of bitumen and fabric. This makes the roof solid and waterproof. BUR is a cost-effective option and is suitable for low-sloping roofs.
- Modified Bitumen Roofing (MBR): MBR is a durable, flexible roofing system ideal for flat or low-sloping roofs. It comprises multiple layers of bitumen and reinforced fabrics, making it resistant to punctures and tears.
- Single-Ply Roofing (SPR): SPR is an easy-to-install and maintain roofing system that is lightweight and flexible. It comes in different materials, such as EPDM, TPO, and PVC, and can be put on low-slope or flat roofs.
- Metal Roofing: Metal roofing is a solid and energy-efficient option made from aluminum, steel, or copper, among other things. It can be used on roofs with steep slopes and stand up to fire, wind, and hail.
Factors to Consider When Picking a Commercial Roofing System:
- Climate: The roof should be able to handle rain, snow, wind, and extreme temperatures.
- Building Type: The roof should fit the structure, shape, and size.
- Energy efficiency: The roof should save energy and make heating and cooling less expensive.
- Maintenance: The roofing system should be easy to maintain and repair, with minimal disruption to the building’s operations.
Choosing the right business roofing system is a big deal that can affect how well the building works and how long it lasts. When choosing a roofing system for your business building, consider the climate, building type, energy efficiency, and upkeep. With the right roofing system, you can ensure your building and its people are safe and sound.